All Around Jordan
Arrive in Amman (QAIA). Meet and greet at the airport. Overnight stay in Amman (as per flight time)
AMMAN – AMMAN TOUR – DESERT CASTLES – AMMAN
After breakfast, we tour the downtown part of capital city Amman for 2 hours, visiting sites and museums including the Archeological Museum, the Folklore Museum, The citadel, and the Amphitheatre. Everywhere you look there is evidence of the city’s much older past! Now, we proceed to the Eastern Desert to visit Al Kharraneh Castle, Amra Castle (a UNESCO World Heritage site), and Al Azraq Castle where Lawrence of Arabia resided and wrote part of his book “Seven Pillars of Wisdom”. Overnight stay in Amman (BB)
AMMAN – JERASH – AJLOUN – AMMAN
After breakfast, we head to visit the ancient Roman city of Jerash, including the paved and colonnaded streets, soaring hilltop temples, theatres, spacious public squares and plazas, baths, fountains and city walls. Now, proceeding to northern Jordan to visit one of the most important ecological and historical sites in the Middle East; Ajloun. Ajloun Castle (Qal’at Ar-Rabad) is a fine example of Islamic architecture as it was built by Saladin’s general in 1184 AD to control the iron mines of Ajloun, and to counter the progress of the Crusaders by dominating the three main routes leading to the Jordan valley and protecting the communication routes between Jordan and Syria.
Overnight stay in Amman (BB)
AMMAN – MADABA – MT NEBO – UM RASAAS – PETRA
After breakfast, we head to visit Madaba, a city best known for the famous 6th century Mosaic map of Jerusalem & Holy Land and for its spectacular Byzantine and Umayyad mosaics. Proceed to Mt. Nebo (site only as the church is closed down for renovation) a city mentioned in the bible as the place where Moses was granted a view of the promised land that he would never enter. Head south of Jordan to visit Umm Ar Rassas Overnight stay in Petra (BB)
PETRA VISIT – WADI RUM
After breakfast, we head to visit the Nabatean Red Rose city of Petra, one of the 7 world wonders and a UNESCO World Heritage site. Enter the city through 1KM long narrow gorge which is flanked either side by 80m high cliffs! Notice the dazzling colors and formations of the rocks. The site is massive, and contains hundreds of elaborated rock-cut tombs, a treasury, Roman-style theatres, temples, sacrificial altars and colonnaded streets.
Dinner & Overnight stay in Wadi Rum (HB)
WADI RUM – DEAD SEA
After breakfast, we head further down in southern Jordan to visit other significant sites including Wadi Rum and Aqaba. Explore Wadi Rum on a 1.30-hour jeep ride into the Jordanian desert! Wadi Rum was best described by T.E. Lawrence as “Vast, echoing and god-like”, and by the locals as “Valley of the Moon”. Proceed to the Dead Sea, the lowest point on earth deep in the Jordan Valley and 55 km southeast of Amman, is the Dead Sea, one of the most spectacular natural and spiritual landscapes in the whole world. It is the lowest body of water on earth, the lowest point on earth, and the world’s richest source of natural salts, hiding wonderful treasures that accumulated throughout thousands of years.
Overnight stay at the Dead Sea (BB)
DEPARTURE DEAD SEA - QAIA
After breakfast, departure from Amman via Queen Alia international Airport), to your next destination. (B) (3:30 hours before each flight time).
- Visa including meet and assist “Visa is free for the time being; only passport details are required before the guests’ arrival”.
- Transportation as per the above mentioned program in an A/C vehicle with an English-speaking driver
- Accommodation based on sharing a DBL/TWN/ TRP room on Bed & Breakfast basis at the above mentioned hotels or similar (please refer to the above categories).
- Camp dinner in wadi rum
- Entrance fees to the above mentioned
- A short horse ride from the main gate (Visitor Center) till the beginning of the
- 02-hours jeep ride in Wadi
- One bottle of water on daily basis ( Travco Special amenities)
- All applicable
- Guiding options:
- From 01 – 05 Pax:
- *A local English-speaking guide in Jerash (1.30 hour).
- *A local English-speaking guide in Petra from the visitors’ center till Qasr Al Bent (1.30 hour).
- From 06 guests and above:
- *A private English-speaking guide on touring days
- Any tips ( around USD 00 per person/ per day)
- Porterages at Airport (USD 00 per bus / per group | arrival / departure)
- Porterages at hotels ( around USD 00 per person/ per day)
- Personal expenses
- Any item not mentioned in the inclusions