Experience of Little Tibbet
Ladakh (meaning “land of high mountain passes”) is a mountainous region in North India. Leh, the main city is situated at 3500m above sea level nestled in the great Himalayan, Karakoram, Zanskar and Ladakh ranges. Ladakh is known for remote mountain beauty, studded with monasteries and stupas. Ladakh is often referred as “Little Tibet” due to its geographical proximity and strong links to Tibetan culture. Leh is at 3500m above sea level so acclimatization can get difficult because of high altitude. It is advisable to spend at least two days to acclimatize before you set out for your adventures. Drink plenty of water or other fluids such as soup, tea and juice. Ladakh is a rain shadow region of the Himalayas, the annual average rainfall in Leh is 100 mm. In summer, temperature reaches 25°C and it drops down to -15°C in winter. The high passes are closed during winter due to heavy snowfall.
Arrival Leh by morning flight and transfer to the hotel. After welcome drink take a complete rest for acclimatization to the height altitude of Leh (3500 meters). In the late afternoon drive to the city for an orientation walk in the markets‚ followed by a visit to Shanti Stupa‚ Leh palace. Dinner and overnight in hotel.
Leh - Excursion To Monasteries (50 Kms / 02 Hrs – One Way)
After Breakfast we proceed for Indus Valley Monastery Starting with Hemis Gompa, the largest monastic foundation of Drukpa Kagyu Order of Tibetan Buddhism, Thiksey Monastery an impressive complex rising tier upon tier on a hill above the village, Shey Palace, The ancient capital of Ladakh, 3 Idiots Rancho School & Sindhu Ghat. After visiting above places we drive back to Leh. Overnight at Hotel.
Leh - Excursion To Khardungla Top - 18,390 Ft. (40 Kms / 02 Hrs One Way)
After breakfast drive to Khardong-la (80 Kms round trip), highest motorable pass in the world (alt. 18‚380 ft)‚ and recorded in the Guinness Book of world records. On the way back from the pass‚ you will be rewarded with spectacular views of the Indus valley and the endless peak of the Zanskar range. Rest of the day free explore the market. Dinner and overnight in Hotel.
Leh - Excursion To Pangong Lake – 14,000 Ft. (140 Kms / 4 - 5 Hrs – One Way)
After an early breakfast we leave for Pangong Lake through Changla pass 5486 Mtrs. The long easy ascent takes you to Changla pass through its winding roads passing through Sakti Village. Stop at the Changla Pass for a quick photograph session and drive down to the village of Tangtse, where you can relax for a cup of tea. Leaving Tangtse for Pangong you pass through few small villages of Changthang and finally you can have a sudden view of the Pangong Lake situated at 14,000 feet (4,267 m).
This famous blue brackish Lake of Pangong is 5/6 Kms wide and over 133 Kms long with half of its running the other side of the “INDO CHINA BORDER”. One rarely feels so close to nature and environment and the scenery is unforgettable. After the success of 3 Idiots, this beautiful natural location has attracted more tourists from all over the world. After spending some time at Pangong We drive back to Leh in the late afternoon. Overnight at Hotel in Leh
Depart Leh (Fly Out)
Ensures a punctual Transfer and our driver will take you to the airport for onward destination.
- Assistance upon arrival at Leh
- Traditional welcome in the Hotel with Welcome Drink (Hot Tea / Coffee / Kahwa) on arrival
- 04 Nights’ Accommodation twin/double sharing basis as per the Itinerary
- Meal Plan - 04 Breakfast & 04 Dinner
- Return airport and round trip transfers along with all sightseeing tours by Non-Ac Innova | Tempo Traveller as per the itinerary
- Wild Life fees & Red Cross fee
- All toll taxes/Parking fee/Driver allowance
- Ladakh Entry Fee
- Inner Line Permit for K top & Pangong Lake
- GST (5%)
- Any Airfare or Train
- Any Kind of Personal Expenses or Optional Tours / Extra Meals Ordered
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head “Prices included”.
- The Services of Vehicle is not included on leisure days & after finishing the sightseeing tour as per the Itinerary
- Guide fee, Camera fee & any monument Entrances
- Medical & Travel insurance
- Any changes you may choose to make during your tour
- Additional costs due to flight cancellation, road blocks etc