Luangprabang At Glance
LUANG PRABANG ARRIVAL (NO MEAL)
On arrival at the airport, you will be met and transferred to check in the hotel. The rest of the day is your own time at leisure.
Meal: No meal
Overnight in Luang Prabang
LUANG PRABANG – PAK OU CAVES – KUANG SI WATERFALLS (B)
In the morning, we embark on a cruise upstream on the Mekong River, which also gives us a breathtaking view of the tranquil countryside, before reaching the mysterious Pak Ou Caves, two linked caves crammed with thousands of gold lacquered Buddha statues of various shapes and sizes left by pilgrims. En route, you will stop at Ban Muang Keo, a well-known village for its traditional Lao rice whisky distilling. You will arrive back in Luang Prabang. Laos is also known for its traditional crafts, we will take a short visit to the Ock Pop Tock Living Craft Center, where you will have a short tour so you get information about Silk, about weaver, about the Women that work in the Centre.
This then takes us to the beautiful Kuang Si Waterfall where you can cool off with a refreshing swim in the pools or walk along the forest trails.
Before returning to Luang Prabang, we stop to visit the Kuang Si Falls Butterfly Park (closed on Tuesday, and from 03rd May to 19th June every year), one of the must-visit spots, where you can have an optional 15 minute tour to learn about butterflies and local flora.
Overnight in Luang Prabang
LUANG PRABANG – CITY TOUR – DEPARTURE (B)
Wake up as the sun rises, we will prepare to join the most sacred tradition of Laos, the daily morning alms giving, which dates to the 14th century. More than 200 Buddhist monks depart from various temple to gather their daily meal from the faithful residents sitting quietly on the streets.
From there, we will visit the temporary morning market near the former Royal Palace. Just set on the ground, the local people come here to barter their day’s catch from rice, to vegetable, to fish, or chicken. This is the best chance to experience the flavor of local life
After breakfast, we ascend to the top of Mount Phousi for an enjoyable exploration of the sacred, gilded stupa as well as a panoramic sunset view of the city and the Mekong River. From there, you will visit Royal Palace Museum, which was built in 1904 during the French colonial era for King Sisavang Vong and his family.
Your city tour continues with a visit to the magnificent Wat Xiengthong, a superb piece of Lao temple architecture, which presents a sweeping two-tiered roof and ornate mosaics including a beautiful ‘tree of life ‘glass montage on the rear temple wall.
We have ample time to stroll around the town for your own exploration before taking the departure flight
- Accommodation in a double or twin room with daily breakfast (Price for group of 01pax already include the single stay)
- Breakfast at hotel
- Services of a driver and private air-conditioned vehicle during all tours and transfers.
- Experienced English-speaking guide during all tours and transfers
- Entrance fees for all visits as mentioned in the itinerary
- Mineral water is available as complementary
- International & Domestic flight tickets
- Visa stamping fee at the airport (40 US$ in Laos, paid by cash at the airport)
- Personal expenses, such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.
- All other services not specified in the itinerary
- Meals, if not specified in the itinerary
- Tipping for guides, drivers, hotel staff, restaurant staff, boat rider
- Surcharge for Peak season, Tet Lunar New year holidays
- Travel insurance