Pride of Karnataka Tour
The Golden Chariot – “A GRAND VOYAGE ON IRON WHEELS”
Capture the real essence of India with the luxury Indian train The Golden Chariot which takes you to a cosmos where ancient folklores and fairytales come alive. The The Golden Chariot journey, spanning over 7 nights and 8 days, is no less than a surprise box that makes you relish a new surprise everyday day as the sun makes its appearance on the morning sky. This vacation, spend a fabulous week in India and bask in the glory of Mysore’s palaces, cultural heritage of Bangalore and the pristine beaches of Kerala and Goa. Discover traditional towns of the southern end of the nation. Temple towns of Chennai and other southern regions are a rage among visitors. Pilgrimage sites, shrines, museums, churches, wildlife sanctuaries and spectacular locales are some other salient features of this sojourn. Explore the puzzle board of these meticulously chosen destinations in a weeklong journey onboard the The Golden Chariot India, one of the most opulent train rides in the world.
Get on board and experience a thrilling adventure across Karnataka with KSTDC specially created with upbeat activities in mind for the Next Generation. Bring in some much needed adventure and make new memories along the way. Take a tour of Karnataka with exciting travel experience best suited for both Primary and Secondary sections.
It is an attempt to connect some of the important dots which have shaped the history of south India through several centuries. Destinations on the Golden Chariot route have been chosen to showcase the architecture, culture and history of this region. The unique position of the southern peninsula, surrounded by Arabian Sea in West, the Indian Ocean in South and the Bay of Bengal in the East saw several dynasties having trade and political linkages with both the West and East. These dynasties with their patronage of the arts and crafts have left an indelible mark on the terrain through intricately carved temple and other structures which tell a tale of the glorious past of these lands.
Guest Carriages on the Golden Chariot train are named after the dynasties which ruled south India over several centuries. Each guest carriage has four guest cabins with a mix of twins and doubles. The guest cabins are a mix of 13 Double Bed Cabins, 30 Twin Bed Cabins and 1 Cabin for Specially abled. The two restaurants, Ruchi and Nalapaka, serve delectable meals from across the world with an array of Indian options. Madira, the bar serves choicest of wines, beers and spirits. Arogya, the Spa cum Fitness Center combines traditional Ayurvedic Spa therapies with modern workout machines.
A sojourn through well known & off beat destinations of South India in luxurious fashion. An adventure in comfort, a romance on rail tracks, with heritage & cultural destinations waiting for you to discover them. Very unique, customized itineraries have been developed that leave a resonance of the amalgam of culture of South India. Temples, palaces, relaxed beaches, a wildlife sanctuary, backwaters.. there is something for everyone.
From Jan 2021 ,Golden Chariot Train will operate on Three Different Circuits of South India from Bangalore/Bangalore
viz Two Circuits of 6 Nights each & One Circuit of 3 Nights.
Pride of Karnataka
Spanning 6 days/7 nights, this enchanting journey beginning in Bangalore takes you across tigers abode Kabini, avian haven Srirangapatna, imperial Mysore, colossal Shravanabelagola, architectural wonderland of Belur, Halebid, Hampi, Badami and Pattadakal and tiny emerald Goa, a sun and sand paradise.
The proud cultural heritage and topographical diversity of the state of Karnataka along with the sunkissed beaches of the tiny emerald of Goa is what is at display during the 7 nights and 8 days itinerary of the Golden Chariot named the Pride of Karnataka.
Beginning from the Garden City Bangalore, this luxury train criscrosses fascinating terrains traveling throgh lush landscapes near Kabini and from their on the train travels to a series of heritage and architectural sites that includes the royal Mysore, heritage Hassan, Hospet and Badami and then on to the creamy beaches of Goa.
Throughout the journey, the atate of the art amenities, impeccable hospitality and cozy interiors keep you pampered on board as you travel hassle free from one facinating destination to other.
Bangalore To Bandipur
- The arrival of guests at Yesvantpur Railway Station at around 0845 hrs.
- Assemble for warm welcome & tour briefing
- The journey starts for Bandipur
- Savor delicious lunch aboard
- Deboard at Nanjangud Town at 1400 hrs.
- Start the road trip of 50 km to Bandipur
- Indulge in Jungle Safari at Bandipur from 1630 to 1830 hrs.
- Spot some of the exotic species of flora and fauna in the national park
- Return to train and savor a delectable dinner on the train.
- Arrival at Mysore by train
- Stay overnight on board
- Relish a mouth-watering breakfast on the train
- Embark on the sightseeing tour of Mysore Palace
- Return to the train for the lip-smacking lunch
- Visit Srirangapatna in the evening (optional)
- Dinner will be served on board.
Halebidu And Chikmagalur
- Savor sumptuous breakfast on the train
- Arrival at Banavara Railway Station
- Leave for a sightseeing tour of Halebidu at 0800 hrs. from Banavar Rly Station
- After the sightseeing tour of Halebidu, return to the train by 1130 hrs.
- Train leaves for Chikmagalur.
- Lunch will be served on board
- Deboard the Golden Chariot at 1500 hrs.
- Embark on the plantation tour followed by coffee tasting and dinner
- Return to the Golden Chariot train in the evening
- Arrival at Hampi Railway Station
- Enjoy the scrumptious breakfast on the train
- Leave for the sightseeing visit to Vijaya Vittala Temple (Hampi) and the Stone Chariot which is an architectural marvel
- Return to the train
- The delicious lunch will be served onboard
- Bask in the majestic beauty of the sunset from the train
- Savor the delectable dinner aboard
- Enjoy the scrumptious breakfast on the train
- Arrival at Badami Railway Station
- Embark on the sightseeing tour of Badami after having breakfast aboard. Visit to explore the
- Badami Caves (Optional)
- Return to the Golden Chariot
- Lunch will be served on the train
- Leave for the sightseeing tour of Pattadakal and Aihole at 1415 hours
- Back to the Golden Chariot after the sightseeing tour
- Dinner will be served on board
- Train leaves for Goa
- Arrival at Goa Railway Station
- Savor the delectable breakfast in the Golden Chariot.
- Proceed for the sightseeing tour of the Churches of North Goa and Museum
- Back to the train after the sightseeing tour
- Have lunch on board
- Disembark the train to enjoy the Bollywood Evening
- Have a scrumptious dinner at the resort or hotel.
- Return to the Golden Chariot by 2145 hrs.
- Train leaves for Bangalore
- Enjoy the delicious dinner on board
- The train will leave for Bengaluru
- Savor the last meal on board. The breakfast is served.
- Reach Yeshwanthpur Railway station.
- Bid adieu to this majestic journey
- Accommodation in double / twin bedded cabins with en suite bathrooms.
- All meals, soft beverages, house brands of Indian wines, beer and spirits.
- Butler service.
- Guided off train excursions as illustrated in the journeys inclusive of entrance fees, still camera fee, transport and services of a guide.
- Complimentary tea, coffee and packaged drinking water on board.
- Porterage at stations.
- Services of Paramedic On-board.
- For guests booked in Deluxe Cabin, the transport would be a Volvo bus/Tempo traveller/Volkswagen crafter with a common English speaking guide depending on the number of pax
- GST (5%)
- Any optional tours as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Telephone calls, laundry, alcoholic beverages (apart from the house brands of wines, spirits, beer served in the restaurants, bar and of board excursions).
- Video, film and professional still camera fees.
- Arrival and departure transfers.
- International and domestic air tickets.
- Pre and post tour accommodation and any tour extensions are not included unless specifically mentioned as part of the journeys